So you’re in the market for a Motorcraft battery and wondering who makes them so you know the quality.
Quick Answer – Johnson Controls, a global leader in automotive battery production, manufactures Motorcraft batteries. The company has been in the battery game for over a century, and its expertise and high-quality standards are evident in the Motorcraft batteries they produce.
In the following sections, I will go through who Johnson Controls is, what makes their batteries unique, and why they could be the perfect fit for your vehicle.
The Manufacturer of Motorcraft Batteries
Motorcraft batteries are produced by Johnson Controls – a leading global supplier of batteries for automotive and other industries.
Johnson Controls, which has operated for over a century, is renowned for its innovative battery technologies and sustainable practices.
Some interesting facts about Johnson Controls:
- It is the world’s largest supplier of automotive batteries – providing batteries to almost every major automaker worldwide.
- The company’s batteries power over 150 million vehicles worldwide.
- Johnson Controls lead-acid batteries have a recycling rate of over 99% – with materials from the recycled batteries used to make new batteries and other products.
Now, let’s dive deeper into what makes Johnson Controls’ battery technology special.
Johnson Controls leverages advanced engineering and manufacturing techniques to make more powerful, efficient, and reliable batteries than competitor batteries.
- PowerFrame grid technology, used in Motorcraft batteries, provides more consistent power and takes up less space than traditional lead-acid batteries.
- The company’s Absorbent Glass Mat (AGM) battery technology helps maintain battery temperature and improve efficiency while reducing the risk of acid leaks and other battery damage.
All in all, Johnson Controls is widely recognized as a leader in battery technology – and the Motorcraft batteries produced by the company are a testament to this.
If you own a Ford or Lincoln vehicle, you likely have a Johnson Controls Motorcraft battery under the hood.
Key Facts about Motorcraft Batteries and Johnson Controls
|Who makes Motorcraft batteries?||Johnson Controls|
|How long has Johnson Controls been in operation?||Over a century|
|What is Johnson Controls’ recycling rate for lead-acid batteries?||Over 99%|
|What unique technologies does Johnson Controls utilize in battery production?||PowerFrame grid technology, AGM technology|
The Background of Motorcraft Batteries
When it comes to batteries, one brand that many people trust is Motorcraft. But what company really owns Motorcraft batteries, and how did they become so popular?
Here’s a brief background on Motorcraft batteries:
- Motorcraft is a brand owned by Ford Motor Company. This means that Ford makes Motorcraft batteries.
- Motorcraft batteries were introduced in the 1970s as a one-stop shop for Ford’s electrical and battery needs.
- Motorcraft batteries are designed to fit Ford’s specific requirements for performance and reliability. They are also used as original equipment in many Ford vehicles.
- Motorcraft batteries are designed to withstand extreme temperatures and harsh driving conditions. They are also maintenance-free, meaning they don’t require any water or other additives.
- In addition to batteries, Motorcraft also produces other automotive parts, including filters, spark plugs, and brake pads.
Thus, Motorcraft batteries are trusted by many Ford owners for their performance and reliability. Plus, they are designed to meet the specific requirements of Ford vehicles.
Whether you need a replacement battery or are looking for one for your new Ford, Motorcraft is worth considering.
History of Motorcraft Batteries
Motorcraft may be a household name for automotive parts, but do you know the history of their batteries? Let’s take a trip down memory lane and learn more about the evolution of Motorcraft batteries.
It all started in 1965 when Ford Motor Company introduced the Motorcraft line of replacement parts for Ford vehicles.
The line included engine components, filters, and of course, batteries.
Several battery manufacturers initially made these batteries and were branded as Motorcraft batteries.
In the 1980s, Ford started to manufacture batteries under the Motorcraft brand. They built a state-of-the-art battery plant dedicated solely to producing Motorcraft batteries.
This enabled Ford to have complete control over the quality of the batteries and ensure they met Ford’s strict standards. Fast forward to today, and Motorcraft batteries continue manufacturing.
The plant uses advanced manufacturing techniques to produce high-quality batteries that withstand extreme temperatures and harsh driving conditions.
Motorcraft batteries come in various types to fit a range of Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles.
From the standard Motorcraft tested tough MAX batteries to the AGM high-performance option, there’s a Motorcraft battery to meet your needs.
Here are some key facts about Motorcraft batteries:
- Motorcraft is the official battery brand of Ford Motor Company.
- All Motorcraft batteries are made in the USA and some places in Mexico.
- Motorcraft batteries are designed to meet or exceed original equipment specifications.
- They are tested in extreme conditions to ensure their reliability.
- Motorcraft batteries come with a warranty that varies based on the type of battery and vehicle.
So there you have it, the history of Motorcraft batteries.
From its humble beginnings to their current status as a trusted brand for automotive batteries, Motorcraft has continued to innovate and provide high-quality products for Ford owners.
Discovering the Motorcraft Brand
Motorcraft batteries are designed to fit and function perfectly in Ford, Lincoln, and Mercury vehicles, but they can also be used in other makes and models with compatible specifications.
One thing that sets Motorcraft batteries apart from other brands is the rigorous testing they undergo.
Motorcraft engineers extensively test each battery to ensure that it meets the rigorous standards Ford Motor Company sets.
This testing includes everything from extreme temperature testing to vibration testing and even high-altitude testing.
Motorcraft batteries are also designed for durability and long life. They are constructed using high-quality materials and advanced technology to ensure that they can withstand the demands of daily driving.
Motorcraft offers a limited warranty that covers their batteries for up to 100 months, providing you with peace of mind in your investment.
What’s more, Motorcraft batteries are environmentally friendly. They are designed to be 98% recyclable, reducing landfill waste and promoting a cleaner planet.
So not only are you investing in a high-quality battery, but you’re also making a choice that benefits the environment.
- Battery Council International (BCI). https://batterycouncil.org/
- Ford Motor Company. https://corporate.ford.com/
- Johnson Controls Official Website. www.johnsoncontrols.com
- Motorcraft Official Website. www.motorcraft.com
- Ford Official Website. www.ford.com
Ford and Motorcraft Parts
Mel Hambelton Ford
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let us improve this post!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.