1. Sturdy side chairs. Easy to reupholster, always useful.
2. Easy to recover computer/task chairs. They go for $6.99 to $9.99 at my Goodwill.
Charming side table I couldn’t pass up. Not a Must-Have
3. If you find two of the same chairs, buy them both. You’ll never regret having a pair. Same thing with lamps. Make sure any piece of furniture you buy is structurally sound. Unless you have cheap labor to fix wobbly problems or foundation problems, it’s probably not worth the effort or cost.
4. Long, low coffee tables always work for, well, a coffee table or converted into an upholstered bench or ottoman. Buy square, round or rectangular.
5. Buy unusual, retro or just plain good quality lamps when you see them. Goodwill has a plug to test electrical items. Always buy two, if available.
6. Teacarts are hard to find and always versatile. They’re loaded with potential.
7. If you can find a sewing machine table made from nice wood with nice lines, buy it. They make great entry tables. If the sewing machine is in there and it works-twice the treasure.
8. I always check out the coats and skirts to see if there are some nice pieces of leather. I use them often for cutting trim for pillows or a trim piece for an ottoman or wall art. The more unusual colors are a real find. I occasionally buy suede, but I’ve found the leather works better over time.
9. Ottomans or footstools with unusual legs or a base. Don’t waste your time with giant square or rectangular ottomans with no character. The exception would be if you came across a fantastic ottoman that met your own personal needs. My house is sprinkled with those delightful mainstays.
10. Here the frivolous finds I couldn’t pass up. Remember, buy impulsively just once a week.
Goodwill and Salvation Army stores run specials on certain days. Check out what color of the week it is at Goodwill and check the date on furniture price tags at S.A. They will cut the price if the piece has been in the store for six months, I think. It could be less.
Were Sorry This Was Not Helpful!
Let us improve this post!
Please Tell Us How We Can Improve This Article.